Summit Park Attends 2014 Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore
Recent News investments charlotte
Summit Park, a Charlotte-based private investment firm with a focus on sectors within the food and beverage industry, attended the 2014 Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore last week. Our team spent most of our time meeting with business owners, entrepreneurs and sales teams on the exhibit floor (there were over 1,200 exhibitors).
Summit Park is actively seeking to invest in food and ingredient manufacturing companies with $10‐$100 million in revenue. We believe our team's operational experience in the food processing industry utilizing food additive vendors, as well as relevant experience in the food and beverage value chain, gives us a unique and differentiated investment perspective. Current consumer preference climate is driving new innovations for both natural and non‐natural food products as younger demographics and food-savvy consumers communicating through food media are demanding new, bold, and exotic flavors driving a rapid evolution in the food aisles.
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM 2014 EXPO EAST:
- New Hope Media identified major trends at the show as: protein additives; probiotics; cold-pressed juice; and clean, simple ingredients (think dye free colorings) -- and we agree.
- Other trending sectors and products seen by Summit Park include: functional beverages; sugar alternatives; paleo-friendly ingredients; grab & go snacks; and powdered additives and boosters (think turmeric powder).
- Consumer preferences and "proactive wellness" continue to drive manufacturers to use ingredients and additives with a natural, fresh and healthy dynamic (more consumers are reading ingredient lists and nutrition labels).
- Ingredient authentication and labeling of allergens and GMOs will continue to be mission critical to the market success of packaged natural food products.
- Service providers to food and beverage companies represent a key area of innovation and growth potential.
- Distributors and logistics providers are critical channels to grow product awareness and preserve product quality.
- Natural Products will continue to be an attractive sector for investors and M&A.
For more information about Summit Park and our investment interests, please contact Rachel Hannon at (704) 654-3400 ext. 240.
About Summit Park
Summit Park is a Charlotte, North Carolina based private investment firm focused exclusively on lower middle market businesses. The firm invests across a wide range of industries, including business services, outsourced services, light manufacturing and distribution. Summit Park targets businesses with revenue between $20 and $100 million and located in the Mid-South, Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern regions of the United States. www.summitparkllc.com
Interested in Learning More?Contact Us